The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can resigned candidate rerun again to be candidate on same position same year?

Guest MAC

Last Nov 2023, there was an election for treasurer and there were two candidates running.  On election day, this candidate decided to resign for running the office but this election was postponed to Feb because of wrong procedure on voting.  Other candidate still want to run for this office however other candidate who resigned last nov, decided to run again for same position as treasurer.  Is it legal or right procedure for resigned candidate to do this??  Please let me know,  

On 1/29/2024 at 5:32 PM, Guest MAC said:

Last Nov 2023, there was an election for treasurer and there were two candidates running.  On election day, this candidate decided to resign for running the office but this election was postponed to Feb because of wrong procedure on voting.  Other candidate still want to run for this office however other candidate who resigned last nov, decided to run again for same position as treasurer.  Is it legal or right procedure for resigned candidate to do this??  Please let me know,  

Yes, it's fine. Nothing in RONR prohibits people from changing their minds.

On 1/29/2024 at 6:32 PM, Guest MAC said:

There is no rule against it.  As a voter I might make me think twice about the dependability of such a candidate, but that's what elections are for.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.