The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Quorum for Annual Meeting of a Homeowners Association

Guest Rilla C

The quorum for our Annual Meeting of Homeowners is specified in our bylaws as 100 people.  For the last few years the management company has told the board that a quorum can be achieved by offering a link to a page where the homeowner can enter their name and address and then either vote for the nominees for vacant board positions, OR they can check a box that says they are only filling out the form to count towards the quorum.  I can't remember (from last year) if they indicate someone to be their proxy.  Or if there is a statement that says one of the Board members will be their proxy. The rationale is that this is easier and less time consuming than collecting paper proxies.

I have a problem with the 'voting ahead of time online' because we allow nominations from the floor.

In addition, I have concerns that this way of counting for a quorum is invalid.

Comments?   Thank you in advance.

Our bylaws allow proxies. 

My questions were about early voting being allowed/counted when nominations also come from the floor (in the past, the proxy holder has voted on the day for the person who gave the proxy).  If someone votes early, then the person named in their electronic proxy can change the vote based on the nominees from the floor?  Now that I write it out, I guess that is the way it works.  But what if a proxy holder is not named on the electronic form?  Is it still valid?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.