The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Amend Chairs decision

Anthony

On 4/4/2024 at 10:51 AM, Anthony said:

That is the case but how does the 3 proceed?  Has it now become something the court must settle? 

To clarify, the remarks I made above are actions for "the 3" to take:

If someone moves to accept the resignation, then the member who "resigned" can rise before the motion is stated and interrupt the proceedings to raise a question of privilege to withdraw the resignation. The deadline for that is before the chair states the question, which is the third step in processing a motion: 

1. A member makes ("moves") the motion

2. A member seconds the motion

3. The chair states the motion.

If you are beyond these steps, then it sounds like you need to consult an attorney. I cannot assist in finding an attorney with experience in this area in your jurisdiction.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:51 AM, Anthony said:

That is the case but how does the 3 proceed?  Has it now become something the court must settle? 

Well, another way to proceed would be to actually have a meeting where these issues can be hashed out. I'm rather doubtful they can be hashed out over email.

Have you made any progress in trying to schedule an actual meeting of the board? What do the organization's rules say on that subject?

Another idea which occurs to me would be to try to direct these matters to the attention of the parent organization, if there is one.

Questions concerning legal matters should be directed to an attorney.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.