The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Committee Memorandums

Tomm

Based on the fact that committee memorandums are not required to actually be approved or signed, does the fact that the bylaws require them to be retained for 7 years change any of those facts. 

There are no other requirements stated in the rule to retain them other than the 7 year limit.

I suppose they should be verified as correct, but other than that, they still are no more than a memorandum? 

On 4/21/2024 at 3:20 PM, Tomm said:

Based on the fact that committee memorandums are not required to actually be approved or signed, does the fact that the bylaws require them to be retained for 7 years change any of those facts. 

There are no other requirements stated in the rule to retain them other than the 7 year limit.

I suppose they should be verified as correct, but other than that, they still are no more than a memorandum? 

In my view, the fact that the bylaws require notes of committee meetings to be retained for seven years, in and of itself, does not change any of the other rules pertaining to such notes.

Certainly, however, the organization is free to adopt rules requiring that the notes be approved or signed, or even to require that the committees take formal minutes in the same manner as an assembly, if it wishes to do so.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.