The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Board Conflict of Interest

Guest Alan C Hinman Jr

Guest Alan C Hinman Jr

I live in a community of mobile homes, where our Home Owners Association elects a board of officers. One of the nominees is a realtor that sells in our community and has day to day business dealings with the management company of our community. I think we may have a conflict of interest on our hands because of the unique relationship this individual has with the management company. If the realtor sells a home, the management company gets rent from the space the home occupies. The realtor is running for the "Director of Park Matters."

Our bylaws state the Director of Community Matters job description as follows; Oakcrest Community Matters Director who will coordinate those matters that impact or enhance the quality of life in the community.

Is this really a conflict of interest?

I live in a community of mobile homes, where our Home Owners Association elects a board of officers. One of the nominees is a realtor that sells in our community and has day to day business dealings with the management company of our community. I think we may have a conflict of interest on our hands because of the unique relationship this individual has with the management company. If the realtor sells a home, the management company gets rent from the space the home occupies. The realtor is running for the "Director of Park Matters."

Our bylaws state the Director of Community Matters job description as follows; Oakcrest Community Matters Director who will coordinate those matters that impact or enhance the quality of life in the community.

Is this really a conflict of interest?

Presumably, if enough people find this situation to be troubling, he will not get elected. Beyond that, RONR has no rules that would apply.

Archived