The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Board positions

Guest Ray Johnson

I would like to ask the question . if a person is nominated to say vice president along with another name and oce the ballot is voted on by the body and this person loses the vote can he then put his name in a postion of a board member and ask for another vote?? I believe that one ballot election vote constitutes and set the board in place. Not two different votes

I would like to ask the question . if a person is nominated to say vice president along with another name and [once] the ballot is voted on by the body and this person loses the vote can he then put his name in a postion of a board member and ask for another vote?? I believe that one ballot election vote constitutes and set the board in place. Not two different votes

It is common for assemblies to vote on one office at a time, with the most desirable offices voted on first, for just that reason, so that people can see who is elected to one office before they decide to run for another. Others prefer to combine everything on one ballot.

It is up to your organization whether to vote for all offices on one ballot, or to vote for them one at a time.

But a member who was not elected on a combined ballot was simply not elected. He has no grounds to request another vote. He could have been nominated for more than one office, or written in for any office, but apparently he was not, if he's in this situation. Better luck next year.

Archived