The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Multi quote button

When I hit the multi-quote button nothing seems to happen....when I hit reply the post from the immediately preceding poster copies in.

So how do I get it to bring in the entire previous message when there is more than one poster...?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. :unsure:

Glad I am not the only one. I have looked in the "Help" files for directions and they don't seem to help any. :(

When I hit the multi-quote button nothing seems to happen....when I hit reply the post from the immediately preceding poster copies in.

So how do I get it to bring in the entire previous message when there is more than one poster...?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. :unsure:

Glad I am not the only one. I have looked in the "Help" files for directions and they don't seem to help any.

Highlight two (or more) multi-quote buttons and then click on "Add Reply" (not "reply")

it's a shame those labeled "staff" didn't know

Having administered a very similar bulletin board, I can tell you that there are hundreds of features, settings, and defaults and so the learning curve is fairly steep. Further, many of the features may be inappropriate for a particular application. But I'm sill holding out hope for avatars!

You might find this thread of interest.

I am told that the forum was moved this morning. Please let me know over the next few days if you think there has been an improvement in the performance or if you think there are still issues.

FWIW, as I just learned and as this post demonsrates, you can also use the multi-quote feature to copy a post from a different topic. In other words, multi-quote acts as a kind of "clipboard".

When I hit the multi-quote button nothing seems to happen....

Our organization will be entering its 3rd year of operation under the governance of a board of directors.

And just in case you felt you needed to, you can "multi-quote" across the forums here, as this post shows. The second quote coming from the General Discussion forum's "Constitution/Bylaws Conflict? " thread.

Thus excerpts from two or more similar threads can be quoted into a single reply. Hmmm........

Archived