The Official RONR Q & A Forums

class reunion

jazzyjan

A very small group of alumni began plannig for a reunion . The elected president decided to use robert rule order for conducting meeting which is fine with me. My only regret is that some of these want to be VIP use these rules outside of the meetings. Also I and others are the original members that started this reunion. So I considered everyone to be called the planning committee. How could a executive board be formed from this point. Should they be elected by members or not. Who should be considered as eecutive board members

A very small group of alumni began plannig for a reunion . The elected president decided to use robert rule order for conducting meeting which is fine with me. My only regret is that some of these want to be VIP use these rules outside of the meetings. Also I and others are the original members that started this reunion. So I considered everyone to be called the planning committee. How could a executive board be formed from this point. Should they be elected by members or not. Who should be considered as eecutive board members

You are still in the mass meeting stage so the original group is sort of in charge. You need to come up with a set of rules to run the organization -- the bylaws. Until then, you have no rules to create an executive committee.

This is the fourth or fifth question on this exact situation. Are the answers not getting through?

Archived