The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Previous question re: mtg change & minutes

Irene

I previously posted a question stating my Pres cxld our mtg due to bad weather. But the. At the rescheduled mtg refused to vote on a proposed bylaw change. Members posted a response stating that the mtg that took place technically didn't happen. I'm at my mtg now I stated the minutes are null & void. They ignored me and took a vote to accept the minutes from that rescheduled mtg. We are a ladies auxiliary of a out 20. There is no one to go to above my pres, vp, sec, & treas. This is absurd what do I do now? Help please

I previously posted a question stating my Pres cxld our mtg due to bad weather. But the. At the rescheduled mtg refused to vote on a proposed bylaw change. Members posted a response stating that the mtg that took place technically didn't happen. I'm at my mtg now I stated the minutes are null & void. They ignored me and took a vote to accept the minutes from that rescheduled mtg. We are a ladies auxiliary of a out 20. There is no one to go to above my pres, vp, sec, & treas. This is absurd what do I do now? Help please

It is hard to answer because we don't know what the exact issue is (and you didn't refer us to the specific thread in this forum). Depending on the circumstances it might be possible that you can raise the Point of Order again but it is probably more likely that it is too late now to raise the Point of Order. Can you refer us to the specific thread you posted here before?

Thanks.

Irene, raise the Point of Order again that the meeting was improperly called and that everything done then is null and void and don't allow yourself to be ignored (keep repeating the Point of Order until it is ruled on) and be prepared to Appeal any adverse ruling (have another member ready to second the Appeal). Of course, if the members don't care about following the rules there isn't anything you can do about that.

I previously posted a question stating my Pres cxld our mtg due to bad weather... Members posted a response stating that the mtg that took place technically didn't happen.

I think it's important to remember that the President "canceling" the meeting is not the reason the actions at the meeting were null and void. The problem is that the meeting was not properly called to begin with. It's best to keep in mind for future reference that the President cannot cancel a properly called meeting.

There is no one to go to above my pres, vp, sec, & treas.

Sure there is. The general membership is above all of them.

I think it's important to remember that the President "canceling" the meeting is not the reason the actions at the meeting were null and void. The problem is that the meeting was not properly called to begin with. It's best to keep in mind for future reference that the President cannot cancel a properly called meeting.

Sure there is. The general membership is above all of them.

All of these replies have posited that there is nothing in the bylaws of the organization that legitimize the actions taken. Irene needs to read her bylaws carefully to make sure she is right.

Archived