The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Treasurer's report

Guest Barbara

When the Treasurer presents a report, does the report need to be "approved"? ...as in motion to accept and second and vote. I thought the report is just presented and that's it?? Thanks for setting me on the right track...

The treasurer's report is not approved, only filed. The auditor's report is the one that is approved as it shows that the treasurer did the job correctly, or not.

It depends. If there are no recommendations, the Treasurer's Report does not need to be approved, but simply filed. However, it the Report contains recommendations, then the recommendations would need to be approved or defeated.

Motions to adopt such recommendations should be made by another member. See RONR(10th ed.), p. 459, l. 22-24.

When the Treasurer presents a report, does the report need to be "approved"? ...as in motion to accept and second and vote. I thought the report is just presented and that's it?? Thanks for setting me on the right track...

The report was received when the treasurer presented it. It should then be placed on file, normally without a vote to accept it. See RONR(10th ed.), p. 461, l. 22-27.

It depends. If there are no recommendations, the Treasurer's Report does not need to be approved, but simply filed. However, it the Report contains recommendations, then the recommendations would need to be approved or defeated.

Motions to adopt such recommendations should be made by another member. See RONR(10th ed.), p. 459, l. 22-24.

That section specifically mentions "executive officers" and talks about the president and vice-president. I'm not discounting that it may also apply to the treasurer, but is there somewhere else RONR defines the term "executive officers"? My searching keeps sending me to executive board land...

Archived