The Official RONR Q & A Forums

resignation question and office position

Guest Justin Fogo

In our organization the Immediate Past President is currently a voting member of the BOD and the EC.

I need to know if the sitting president resigns, can he then move into the Immediate Past President's position, essentially replacing the one currently holding the seat?

and if that is possible are there only certain circumstances under which the president could resign and fill that seat?

This is a question that was posed to me and I'm not sure how to answer, any insight would be great appreciated. I can not find anything in our by-laws that helps answer this.

Sincerely,

Justin Fogo, DC

Parlimentarian

Do the bylaws actually make the IPP an ex officio member of the BOD and EC or is it just that the person who was President before the current one is sitting on the Board and EC because he was elected/appointed there and not by the nature of him being IPP?

I think by the nature of the English language that there can only be one IPP and that when the current President leaves office that he becomes the IPP and the current IPP becomes the Not So IPP.

Archived