The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Electronic meetings

gregory

I'm now reading "Electronic meetings" by Nancy Sylvester, PRP. But can anyone

out there tell me, do you or any one you know conduct their meetings electronically and

if so, can you put me in touch with someone who does as I'm interested in exploring the

software they use to conduct the meeting. Thanks.

out there tell me, do you or any one you know conduct their meetings electronically and

if so, can you put me in touch with someone who does as I'm interested in exploring the

eNAP is a good resource for this. It can be found at enap.notlong.com.

What sort of "electronic meetings" did you have in mind, exactly? The phrase covers a very wide range of technologies and the procedures vary considerably, so we might be of further assistance if you could narrow it down a bit. eNAP, for instance, meets in a chat room. Other assemblies will meet via teleconference or videoconference and there are even assemblies which conduct business by e-mail (in the last case, I think it's a stretch to call it a "meeting").

E-mail meetings a "stretch"? Well, maybe.

But a few straightforward redefinitions of some of the basic concepts in RONR ("assembly", "meeting", "recognition", floor assignment, "present" at a meeting, quorum) and the rest of the rules in the book fall right into line. No need for an extensive set of "new" rules.

Send me your e-mail address (mine is available from the NAP & AIP Membership Directories) and I'll ship you all the details, from various articles published in the AIP's National Parliamentarian.

But a few straightforward redefinitions of some of the basic concepts in RONR ("assembly", "meeting", "recognition", floor assignment, "present" at a meeting, quorum) and the rest of the rules in the book fall right into line. No need for an extensive set of "new" rules.

Send me your e-mail address (mine is available from the NAP & AIP Membership Directories) and I'll ship you all the details, from various articles published in the AIP's National Parliamentarian.

AIP has the Parliamentary Journal and NAP has National Parliamentarian

JD, If you could please send those reports you spoke about that would be great.

My E mail address is hofergregory@gmail.com

Archived