The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How much power does a Board President have?

Guest Guest

Tell the Park Manager that he still has his job because the President and Secretary didn't have the authority to fire him (unless the bylaws give the Secretary the authority to do so-which would be quite unusual). Then the Board should set the President and Secretary straight on what powers they have and don't have. See FAQ #20 for disciplinary options.

Tell the Park Manager that he still has his job because the President and Secretary didn't have the authority to fire him (unless the bylaws give the Secretary the authority to do so-which would be quite unusual). Then the Board should set the President and Secretary straight on what powers they have and don't have. See FAQ #20 for disciplinary options.

Do you really want to go that far since we don't know all of the corporation's applicable rules?

Do you really want to go that far since we don't know all of the corporation's applicable rules?

Yes. The OP said that the bylaws don't grant the President the authority to fire the Park Manager which is good enough for me. But I guess it can't hurt to suggest that the OP check any applicable rules in the very unlikely chance that they grant the President and/or Secretary the authority to unilaterally fire an employee.

our by-laws do make the president C E O of the corp. and he shall have the general powers and duties of supervision and management usually vested in the office of president of a corporation. would this not give him authority over a park manager ?

I don't know, but it's not a question that is answered in RONR.

Archived