The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Elected Lt Governor holding two offices

Guest David Godley

We have a statewide organization governed by an elected district governor and nine Lt. governors. I can't find anything prohibiting a Lt Governor serving two different zones within statewide organization. Our bylaws do refer to the duties of the Lt. governor as singular zone representation. "Each Lieutenant Governor shall function as the prime representative of ***** International and the District within his/her assigned zone. It is the duty of the Lieutenant to help the clubs within his/her zone to meeting the mission and purposes of ***** International, and to help them grow in membership and in service."

Is there any information that can help me advise our organization about whether one person can serve as a Lt Governor for two zones?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

With reference to the possibility of David Foulkes serving as the president of Perfect Rules. I"m reminded of the conversational exchange from "The Avengers" -- not the current smash-blockbuster movie super-hero group, but an awesome British TV programme (I'm such a suckup) that was shown for about three years, at least here in the US, around 1967 - 1969, about a couple of spies or agents or whatever, who fought crime; they were John Steed, who got paid (a government employee -- civil service, probably free dental, don't get me started), played by Patrick Macnee, and Emma Peel, a "talented amateur," played by the supernal Diana Rigg. In the course of whatever investigation was going on, a character bristled and said heatedly to Mrs Peel, "You must think me a perfect fool!"

To which she coolly replied, "No-one's perfect."

capcha try 5

Oh, the British do love their hy-phens.

Hmm. According to Wiktionary, "American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1 and UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1.

That's news to me and I stand corrected.

(And I like hyphens also, as in, say, mis-spelled which, apparently, neither the US nor the UK prefers.)

Hmm. According to Wiktionary, "American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1 and UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1.

That's news to me and I stand corrected.

(And I like hyphens also, as in, say, mis-spelled which, apparently, neither the US nor the UK prefers.)

I sent this in an email to a British friend of mine. He sent me an e-mail back.

Archived