The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Bring again

Guest D Brush

I recently judged an event where the competition required that the teams demonstrate motions that bring a question again before the assembly. I was taught that lay on the table needed significant progress before being removed from the table and therefore, could not be brought up at the same meeting.

A PRP who also served as a judge at the competition said that the team could only get points for Bring Again if they placed an item on the table at the meeting or previous meeting and then took it from the table at the next or same meeting.

A PRP who also served as a judge at the competition said that the team could only get points for Bring Again if they placed an item on the table at the meeting or previous meeting and then took it from the table at the next or same meeting.

If there is a motion that is layed on the table at that meeting, the motion take from the table would be in order under that class of business or under unfinished business and general orders or new business. Some other intem must interveen between the laying and the taking.

Do I know you? :)

I recently judged an event where the competition required that the teams demonstrate motions that bring a question again before the assembly. I was taught that lay on the table needed significant progress before being removed from the table and therefore, could not be brought up at the same meeting.

You do have a copy of the book, right? :)

Archived