The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motions for Execuitve Body to bring to General Body to vote

Guest Vera

How would I make a motion to the Executive Body that I need for the oveall General members to vote on financial committee proposed changes? I want to make sure that I am asking the right question to the Executive Board to bring the vote to the General Body.

Thanks!

Vera

How would I make a motion to the Executive Body that I need for the oveall General members to vote on financial committee proposed changes? I want to make sure that I am asking the right question to the Executive Board to bring the vote to the General Body.

Thanks!

Vera

The members can vote on anything they want at a meeting of the members. They usually would not need the permission of the board to do that. The membership outranks the board, unless your bylaws explicitly say something to the contrary.

So your question really amounts to "How to I get a meeting of the membership to happen?" And the answer is, check your bylaws. You might have to wait for a regular meeting (possibly the Annual meeting) or you might be able to get a special meeting called. But the answer is in your bylaws.

Archived