The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Power of the President of a board

Guest Sid

We have a situation of a little league football association whose commissioners voted not to reinstate a coach back into it's league. There is an established appeals committee that saw that the coach was treated unfairly and ruled against the vote. Under the guidelines of RRO, does the president of the association have the power to overturn the ruling of the appeals committee? If so, what section can I find it?

We have a situation of a little league football association whose commissioners voted not to reinstate a coach back into it's league. There is an established appeals committee that saw that the coach was treated unfairly and ruled against the vote. Under the guidelines of RRO, does the president of the association have the power to overturn the ruling of the appeals committee? If so, what section can I find it?

Since the vote was whether or not to reinstate someone, I assume the coach was out before all this started. Logically, he would still be out after the vote not to reinstate. Further, a ruling by some other body (the appeals committee) 'against the vote' wouldn't actually reinstate him either, would it? Unless the appeals committee has authority, under your own rules, to reinstate someone -- does it?

As far as I can see, he was out, out, and out. If the president (by whatever authority) overrules the appeals committee, that leaves him... out.

None of that has anything to do with RONR. I don't think RONR will help you with your questions, as they seem largely based on customized rules within your organization -- such as the authority given to the commissioners, to the appeals committee, and to the president.

During all this rigamarole, was the coach ever told that he had been reinstated? Are there contracts involved when someone is reinstated in this organization?

Archived