The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Second Term President

Guest Irene Childs

Does a second term president ( there will be two vacancies with officers who won't be back for a second term) have any say so in who she wants as her officers? We have a nominating committee and I understand that this is one committee the president should not be involved in. But can a president communicate to this committee who she would like to have on her team? How can a standing president pick her own team of officers within the bounds of RRO protocal?

Does a second term president ( there will be two vacancies with officers who won't be back for a second term) have any say so in who she wants as her officers? We have a nominating committee and I understand that this is one committee the president should not be involved in. But can a president communicate to this committee who she would like to have on her team? How can a standing president pick her own team of officers within the bounds of RRO protocal?

Well, she can't "pick her own team", but I suppose the world won't come to an end if she lets one or two members of the nominating committee know who it is that she would like to see nominated. The committee, however, is free to nominate any eligible person it wishes to nominate, and the membership is free to elect any eligible person it wishes to elect.

Archived