The Official RONR Q & A Forums

entry into the minutes

Guest Walt Elliott

If at a meeting a member requests that a memo be entered into the minutes and no objections to this are made at the time shall this memo be entered into the minutes as requested or may the person recording the minutes poll members whether or not the memo be entered?

If at a meeting a member requests that a memo be entered into the minutes and no objections to this are made at the time shall this memo be entered into the minutes as requested or may the person recording the minutes poll members whether or not the memo be entered?

I'd say that if it was legitimately agreed to by unanimous consent, it should be in there. Did the chair actually test for consent and order the inclusion, or was he asleep at the time?

I have a related question=== a member asked to have their vote against a motion noted in the minutes the day after the meeting. they did not ask for it to be noted during the meeting.

He should make that request at the next meeting, preferably before the minutes are approved. And the assembly should probably reject his request.

I have a related question=== a member asked to have their vote against a motion noted in the minutes the day after the meeting. they did not ask for it to be noted during the meeting.

If this was a roll-call vote, then everyone's vote is recorded in the minutes. If it's not, then nobody has any business getting their individual vote recorded in the minutes.

Archived