The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Elections without nominated person present

Guest Roynuts

Our elections are tomorrow and one of the people running will not be able to attend the elections. Can he / she still win that position without being present??

Since I assume you're referring to a particular person ("one of the people") I can't help but wonder why you say "he / she". Is there some doubt?

In any case, if this person hasn't previously indicated his (I'm just guessing here) willingness to serve if elected, the election will be "incomplete" until he's (?) notified and accepts. If he declines you'll have to keep voting (which might not be convenient).

Lol.... It is a he. I hope...;)

My concern is that he has failed to attend many of the mtgs and programs. At times is out of the loop concerning issues our program deals with.

Myself and other members wish he wouldn't run for re-election and are looking for grounds to not accept it as a possibility.

Him being away during elections shows his vomit meant to our program.

Agreed, but like many boards, sometimes these things seem to be a popularity contest rather than finding effective leaders.

Understood, although I'm surprised that someone who does not attend meetings and programs and seems out of the loop maintains his popularity so well. Of course, that may be why he's so popular! :)

. . . sometimes these things seem to be a popularity contest . . .

Sometimes?

Of course it's a popularity contest. It's an election. That's what an election is. The most popular person wins. That's what it means to be popular. Yesterday Barack Obama not only won the electoral vote, he won the popular vote.

6qA8EJ

Archived