The Official RONR Q & A Forums

meeting minutes

wwdslovene

A pro-tem secretary took minutes at the last monthly (December) meeting. For a number of personal reasons that person was not able to produce a readable set of minutes for the January meeting. Is it permissable to postpone a reading of and approval of those December minutes at the February meeting, presumably with the approval of the board members assembled?

A pro-tem secretary took minutes at the last monthly (December) meeting. For a number of personal reasons that person was not able to produce a readable set of minutes for the January meeting. Is it permissable to postpone a reading of and approval of those December minutes at the February meeting, presumably with the approval of the board members assembled?

The assembly can dispense with the reading and approval of the minutes, in which case they are read and approved at the following meeting. This dispensing requires a majority vote.

I'm not sure how your dates line up though, with December, January, and February. You lost me.

That is the big question. The pro-tem secretary delayed for whatever reason (personal ??) in writing up the minutes for the December meeting which should be presented at the January meeting. It is not going to happen, so it appears that the minutes can be written up and presented at the March meetign as I understand.

That is the big question. The pro-tem secretary delayed for whatever reason (personal ??) in writing up the minutes for the December meeting which should be presented at the January meeting. It is not going to happen, so it appears that the minutes can be written up and presented at the March meetign as I understand.

Just as a note, minutes can be written in minutes; that's why they're not called weeks or months. ;)

Archived