The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Parliamentary Procedure Done Right?

BryanSullo

Is there an online resource where one can see parliamentary procedure played out properly? Specifically RONR? Most of the organizations I've belonged to are run atrociously, and our quaint New England town meetings use a different parliamentary authority (Town Meeting Time, if you can believe that title).

Using The Book to learn the dehydrated details of deliberation is essential, and this forum provides a lot in the way of theory, but there's no substitute for seeing democracy in action (as opposed to democracy inaction).

I'm thinking there must be some YouTube videos (or similar media) that show some real-world examples of how to do this stuff the right way. Anyone know of any they'd like to point out?

Thank you. I have already consulted the resource you provided. I was hoping for a qualified recommendation, not a list of every video on the Internet pertaining to parliamentary procedure.

Sorry. I thought you'd be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Is there an online resource where one can see parliamentary procedure played out properly? Specifically RONR? Most of the organizations I've belonged to are run atrociously, and our quaint New England town meetings use a different parliamentary authority (Town Meeting Time, if you can believe that title).

Using The Book to learn the dehydrated details of deliberation is essential, and this forum provides a lot in the way of theory, but there's no substitute for seeing democracy in action (as opposed to democracy inaction).

I'm thinking there must be some YouTube videos (or similar media) that show some real-world examples of how to do this stuff the right way. Anyone know of any they'd like to point out?

Click here.

We'll be charitable and assume that Edgar was just kidding. :)

I know the National Association of Parliamentarians released some Youtube videos a while back, but they seem to have been taken down. You could contact them for more information.

Archived