The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Proposal to annual meeting

Guest Robert Paust

I have recently sent a proposal to the board to be taken up at the next annual meeting. I was unable to attend the meeting. My questions are; 1. Can the proposal still be taken up without myself in attendance, 2: The proposal was not taken up to the membership, what can I do?

I have recently sent a proposal to the board to be taken up at the next annual meeting. I was unable to attend the meeting. My questions are; 1. Can the proposal still be taken up without myself in attendance, 2: The proposal was not taken up to the membership, what can I do?

2) Try again next year. (Sorry -- can't be more helpful than that.)

Although, unless there is some rule in place that restricts Guest_Robert's proposal to being considered only at annual meetings, it could possibly be taken up at the next (general membership?) meeting, I would suspect.

Although, unless there is some rule in place that restricts Guest_Robert's proposal to being considered only at annual meetings, it could possibly be taken up at the next (general membership?) meeting, I would suspect.

I have a hunch (no, not the Quasimodo kind) that this particular general membership meets only once a year.

Hello Yes that is true , they only meet once a year.I sent the proposal to the board, which published it in the monthly news letter. The proposal stated that it was to be brought up to the general membership under new business at the annual meeting

Hello Yes that is true , they only meet once a year.I sent the proposal to the board, which published it in the monthly news letter. The proposal stated that it was to be brought up to the general membership under new business at the annual meeting

Well, it seems that either no one on the board wanted to make the motion or they forgot. So next time you can't attend and want a motion made, find a member (it doesn't have to be a board member) who is willing to actually make the motion and has a good memory.

This entire thread seems to me at least to have an unspoken assumption that, in order to be brought before the general membership at the annual meeting, a proposal must first be submitted to the board for approval.

But according to the rules in RONR, the board should have little or no influence on the proceedings of the AGM,

Archived