The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Member request for a motion

Stelios

Sorry I am not very familiar with the rules.

I am a member of an organization. I am not on the board or anything.

However I requested that a motion be made at the next board meeting concerning a particular subject .

The motion was not made.

Does a board have any responsibility to consider a member's request to have a motion made?

Sorry I am not very familiar with the rules.

I am a member of an organization. I am not on the board or anything.

However I requested that a motion be made at the next board meeting concerning a particular subject .

The motion was not made.

Does a board have any responsibility to consider a member's request to have a motion made?

Not from a procedural standpoint, but perhaps you can find a board member who is more sympathetic to your idea and ask them to make it at the next meeting.

The motion was not made.

No. You'll either need to find a board member who wants to make your motion or wait until the the next general membership meeting so you can make the motion yourself.

thanks. makes sense.

another question

If a special board meeting is called to address one issue, and only one issue is on the agenda and given to the board members prior the meeting,,

Can the board introduce other issues to be voted on?

One board member attended  to vote on the agneda issue, then had to leave.  He was never  advised or aware

of a second issue, or the fact there would be a vote on it 

If a special board meeting is called to address one issue, and only one issue is on the agenda and given to the board members prior the meeting,,

Can the board introduce other issues to be voted on?

No. A special meeting can only conduct business included in the call. Any other business conducted is null and void.

Archived