The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Quorum

Guest Joan Skinner

Guest Joan Skinner

I live in a small town in Colorado. My question and concern is an illegal waiver got passed with 2 trustee's the Mayor and our Attorney. Is there a minimum amount of trustees to vote and pass a waiver. Is the Mayor allowed to vote or just a tie breaker. 

Is there a minimum amount of trustees to vote and pass a waiver.

There probably is but those details should be located in the governing documents and/or applicable law (they aren't in RONR).

Is the Mayor allowed to vote or just a tie breaker.

Those details also should be located in the governing documents and/or applicable law.

I live in a small town in Colorado. My question and concern is an illegal waiver got passed with 2 trustee's the Mayor and our Attorney. Is there a minimum amount of trustees to vote and pass a waiver. Is the Mayor allowed to vote or just a tie breaker. 

So I would have to find them in the town statutes? I am a bit new to this and trying to back step with our very small municipality has been a challenge. We do no have a town administrator and our attorney will not help in any way and no one else seems to have any answers for me

So I would have to find them in the town statutes?

Probably so.  You'll need to do a little Google-fu (such as [town, State], law, [name of town legislature]) and look through the results.  If necessary you may have to take a trip to City Hall and dig through the records.  The information will be there somewhere it just might take some legwork.

Archived