The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Hijacked Election

Guest Roger

I belong to a board of directors of a small club; our biennial elections are now in process. The secretary for the club did not process the election per the Bylaws or by the direction of the BODs. He took the full membership list edited it to his satisfaction and sent the ballots to only those that he chose. He also wrote himself in as a nominee for president of the club. He removed another member that was selected by the nominating committee. He sent the ballots out on the wrong date per the bylaws and ON AND ON AND ON.It is truly a fiasco.

2 questions,  

-the nominating committee chose it's slate of candidates per the bylaws and to the letter. Will that slate stand or will the club now have to start over completely?

- the board has all the evidence we need to show him being completely responsible for the above actions and he admits to such in writing. I am hoping he, as an individual, can be held legally liable in case our club is sued.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Guest Roger said:

- the board has all the evidence we need to show him being completely responsible for the above actions and he admits to such in writing. I am hoping he, as an individual, can be held legally liable in case our club is sued.

An attorney should be consulted on legal questions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.