The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Non-Profit Organization National Officers

Guest Jodi Ratica

Our non-profit organization's constitution and bylaws state that at our annual convention we elect our six national officers each year.  Our membership has decreased over the years and at this time we do not have any volunteers to run for the position of President, Vice President or Secretary at our annual convention which is next month.  If we do not have any nominees for these positions how should we proceed?  I am their volunteer Parliamentarian for our annual conventions and do not know what to tell the group.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, I did check and our bylaws state the current officers can only hold office for two terms.  When asked by our current National President what we should do I had the same response as you - disband the association.  It is a shame but not many non-profit organization can make the claim of being in existence for 121 years!

1 hour ago, Guest Jodi Ratica said:

Our non-profit organization's constitution and bylaws state that at our annual convention we elect our six national officers each year.  Our membership has decreased over the years and at this time we do not have any volunteers to run for the position of President, Vice President or Secretary at our annual convention which is next month.  If we do not have any nominees for these positions how should we proceed?  I am their volunteer Parliamentarian for our annual conventions and do not know what to tell the group.  Any help would be appreciated!

Unless your bylaws prohibit it, you take nominations from the floor. If you are voting by ballot, you also allow for write in candidates.  You ask people to serve.   I have a hunch that if somebody is nominated or elected as a write in candidate, , he or she will agree to accept the position. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.