The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Proper or not? debate/discussion

BabbsJohnson

1 hour ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

Would it be worth introducing a separate forum (preferably on this board) for advice and discussion about other aspects of being a parliamentarian?

The appointment and duties of an organization's parliamentarian (as that term is defined in RONR) are outlined on pages 465-67 of RONR, and questions and discussions concerning this subject are certainly welcome here in this forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by " … other aspects of being a parliamentarian". The most recent posts here in this thread dealt with matters relating to NAP's credentialing of its members, and this sort of discussion wanders too far afield from a discussion of the rules in RONR. 

On 3/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

I'm not sure what you mean by " … other aspects of being a parliamentarian".

I intended it in the sense of ancillary components of serving as a parliamentarian: dealing with chairs, dealing with members, processing the rules of each individual organization, et cetera. But, if as J.J. points out, such places already exist (where?), then I guess there's no need.

On 3/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

The most recent posts here in this thread dealt with matters relating to NAP's credentialing of its members, and this sort of discussion wanders too far afield from a discussion of the rules in RONR. 

Point made.

Edited by Benjamin Geiger

11 minutes ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

I intended it in the sense of ancillary components of serving as a parliamentarian: dealing with chairs, dealing with members, processing the rules of each individual organization, et cetera. But, if as J.J. points out, such places already exist (where?), then I guess there's no need.

Point made.

But is it well-taken?  :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.