The Official RONR Q & A Forums

What does approve mean?

Guest Susie

Our commission read over a proposal for services. It stated the description of services, timetable and terms for payment.

The commission approved payment and the work is complete. 

Minutes of that meeting read “Resolution to approve the market analysis proposal from XYZ Group, not to exceed $Xx,Xxx . . . “ 
My question is : shouldn’t the motion read “..approve the expenditure for the market analysis proposal ..”?  Or did we approve funding, not just OK the proposal? 

42 minutes ago, Guest Susie said:

Our commission read over a proposal for services. It stated the description of services, timetable and terms for payment.

Minutes of that meeting read “Resolution to approve the market analysis proposal from XYZ Group, not to exceed $Xx,Xxx . . . “ 
My question is : shouldn’t the motion read “..approve the expenditure for the market analysis proposal ..”?  Or did we approve funding, not just OK the proposal? 

What was the exact wording of the motion at the meeting? That is what the minutes should read.

22 hours ago, Guest Susie said:

It seems to me, if the proposal contained an amount, that agreeing to the proposal itself amounts to approving an expenditure of the amount.  

But that has no bearing on what belongs in the minutes.  The minutes are to contain a record of the motion that was actually approved--word for word.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.