The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Electronic 12th edition

Alex Meed

I've heard that the 12th edition is being planned to be made available electronically. As I am a child of the Information Age, the prospect of carrying around RONR on my laptop or phone, and quoting chapter and verse to those who dare flagrantly misconstrue its provisions in my presence, excites me beyond comprehension.

Is it possible to preorder the electronic version? Will it be made available through Kindle, EPUB, or a similar format; will it be accessible on a password-protected website; both; or some other option? Or have these decisions not yet been made (or been made but not publicized)?

I can confirm for you that RONR (12th ed.) will be available for purchase in an electronic form. I cannot tell you what formats will be available. I am not aware of a website to pre-order an electronic copy at this time. I encourage you to hang around this forum and The Official Robert's Rules Website for further news.

The publication in multiple formats with different paginations means that the way text is cited will change to eliminate page numbers from citations. The exact details of the new format for citations have not been released on this forum yet, to my knowledge. 

6 hours ago, Alex M. said:

I've heard that the 12th edition is being planned to be made available electronically. As I am a child of the Information Age, the prospect of carrying around RONR on my laptop or phone, and quoting chapter and verse to those who dare flagrantly misconstrue its provisions in my presence, excites me beyond comprehension.

Is it possible to preorder the electronic version? Will it be made available through Kindle, EPUB, or a similar format; will it be accessible on a password-protected website; both; or some other option? Or have these decisions not yet been made (or been made but not publicized)?

I have nothing to add regarding the 12th edition itself, but I would note that the 3rd edition of RONR In Brief, which is based upon the 12th edition, is available for preorder in Kindle format from Amazon. Links are available for the current and upcoming editions at the bottom of the main page of the site and The Right Book page.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.