The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Strikethrough option not available when editing a comment

The  strikethrough option is not available when  editing a comment.  It is there (here) when making an original post, but it is not an option when editing..... and that is when we need it the most!

Is there some reason for this?  Is there a way to make it available when editing a comment?

6 minutes ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

The options available depend on the screen size. Are you using the same browser and device to create and to edit?

On my laptop, I have the strikethrough option only when making a post/comment, as i am doing now.  The option is there.  But when trying to edit a comment usiing the same laptop that I made the original post with, the  strikethrough option is not there.

When using my iPhone, I do not see the strikethrough option at all, whether making a new comment or editing one.

Edited to add:  I think this is something new. And, fwiw, the strikethrough option which was there when making this comment is no longer there.

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last paragraph

13 minutes ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

Either it was a temporary problem, or the size of the browser window might have changed a bit. In any event, I added the strikeout button to all screen sizes now, so hopefully it will work at all times.

Thank you!  It is here now as I type this.  I'm going to post it and then come back and see if I have the option when I try to edit this comment.

Edited to add:  Yes, I have the strikethrough option now when editing!  It's also  available on my iPhone, at least for making a comment.  I'll check to see if it is there when editing, but I won't say anything else unless there is a problem. 

Thank you!

Edited to add: yes, the strikethrough option is here both for making an original comment and for editing comments when using my iPhone. Terrific!! 

Edited by Richard Brown
Added comment re all ok using iPhone

• 5 months later...

The strikeout function is not working again when editing.  It IS there when making a new post or comment.  Also, the option to indent whole paragraphs is now missing, both when making a new post and when editing.   Both of these problems are occurring on my windows laptop and on my iPhone 7.    FWIW, it looks like one or two new functions have been added.  Have these replaced the strikethrough (strikeout) and indent options?  I find the indent function useful when pasting quotes from RONR.  The strikeout feature is extremely useful when making an edit to show what was changed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having the same problem.  See my comment immediately above from July 5.   Edited to add:  Still no  ability to use strikethrough when editing and no ability to indent whether typing an original comment or when editing.

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last sentence, also tried again, unsuccessfully, to use strikethrough.

1 hour ago, Richard Brown said:

I'm still having the same problem.  See my comment immediately above from July 5.   Edited to add:  Still no  ability to use strikethrough when editing and no ability to indent whether typing an original comment or when editing.

The forum software has recently undergone a major revision, but I'm waiting until it is more stable before activating it.

I may be able to do something about this problem in the meantime, but we might just be better off waiting for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Richard Brown said:

OK, try it now.

7 hours ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

OK, try it now.

Aha!!!  The strikethrough is working fine, both when typing an original comment and when editing, and the indent function is working again, too:

Testing the indent function.... yes it seems to be working, but let me see if it "sticks" when the next line starts.  Yep, works fine!!!   Thank you!!!

Edited to test the strikethrough function when editing:  Yep, it worked perfectly!

Edited by Richard Brown
Tested strikethrough function on an edit

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.