The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Kindle Search Tip

Gary Novosielski

FYI:  Here's a tip on searching with the Kindle app.

With respect to the Kindle version, I was surprised to find that if you want to search for a particular paragraph, such as 41:9, and you enter that in the search field, it will say 0 matches found.

But if instead of 41:9 you enter 41: 9, with a space after the colon, it will locate all the appropriate matches.  This applies even when the paragraph number is more than one digit, such as 41: 10 .

It's a strange glitch, but this workaround may come in handy.

BTW, I'm using the Windows version of Kindle.  Not sure how this behaves on other platforms.

3 hours ago, Gary Novosielski said:

FYI:  Here's a tip on searching with the Kindle app.

With respect to the Kindle version, I was surprised to find that if you want to search for a particular paragraph, such as 41:9, and you enter that in the search field, it will say 0 matches found.

But if instead of 41:9 you enter 41: 9, with a space after the colon, it will locate all the appropriate matches.  This applies even when the paragraph number is more than one digit, such as 41: 10 .

It's a strange glitch, but this workaround may come in handy.

BTW, I'm using the Windows version of Kindle.  Not sure how this behaves on other platforms.

Yep, that's a good tip. I'm not sure it even makes a difference whether you include the colon in the search or just the space.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.