The Official RONR Q & A Forums

BAD HEADER SECTION, MIME error: part did not end with expected boundary; error: unexpected end of parts before epilogue

All email notification from this forum are missing the ending MIME marker which results in the message from Amavis in the title(and the SPAM folder in my case). Is this another thing broken by Amazon SES or something that can be fixed by a simple config change somewhere?

Edit: It seems Amazon SES is aware of the need to include the ending marker. From an example in their docs - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/dg/event-publishing-send-email.html

X-SES-MESSAGE-TAGS: tagName1=tagValue1, tagName2=tagValue2
X-SES-CONFIGURATION-SET: myConfigurationSet
To: recipient@example.com
Subject: Subject
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_boundary"

------=_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

body
------=_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

body
------=_boundary--    

The last line is always missing ;(

Edited by par

2 hours ago, par said:

All email notification from this forum are missing the ending MIME marker which results in the message from Amavis in the title(and the SPAM folder in my case). Is this another thing broken by Amazon SES or something that can be fixed by a simple config change somewhere?

Edit: It seems Amazon SES is aware of the need to include the ending marker. From an example in their docs - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/dg/event-publishing-send-email.html

The last line is always missing ;(

Thank you for the report; I've put in a request to technical support for Invision Community Services.

In the meantime, you may be able to bypass the problem on your end by doing something like what is shown on this page:

https://www.danami.com/clients/knowledgebase/112/How-can-I-disable-Amavis-bad-header-tests.html?language=english

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 11:12 PM, par said:

Thank you for verifying. I will keep an eye on my SPAM folder while this is being investigated.

Invision has made a change so that the closing boundary marker should be included in emails. @par please reply here with whether this has solved the problem for you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, par said:

Yeah, it works. The only issue at this point is unnecessary base64 encoding:

From: =?UTF-8?B?VGhlIE9mZmljaWFsIFJPTlIgUSAmIEEgRm9ydW1z?= <noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com>
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?U2Vjb25kcy4=?=

Is this actually an issue that is causing any problems?

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.