The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Processing resolutions

Guest Tomm

I'm confused on how to process a resolution. 10:19 says the preamble is amended last, which obviously means the resolved portion is debated and amended first! 

Question: Does each portion of the resolution get voted on separately meaning two votes are required to pass or fail the resolution?

10 minutes ago, Guest Tomm said:

I'm confused on how to process a resolution. 10:19 says the preamble is amended last, which obviously means the resolved portion is debated and amended first! 

Question: Does each portion of the resolution get voted on separately meaning two votes are required to pass or fail the resolution?

No.  One vote is all it takes.

9 hours ago, Guest Tomm said:

Aside from the votes on any individual amendments, only one vote is required to pass the entire resolution. 

The wording of the Resolved portion is debated first, and when no (further) amendments are offered, no vote is needed, as the desired wording has been decided.  Debate then occurs on the Whereas clauses, and when no (further) amendments are offered, that wording has now been decided, and the wording of the resolution (as amended) is then the pending question.  Further debate may occur.

Eventually, a vote is taken to either approve or reject the resolution.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.