The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Sharing Executive Session Content with absent Board Member(s)

MiaBes

Hello,

I'm the Secretary for a non-profit organization and we have a Board meeting taking place this Friday/Saturday. Each day, we have an Executive Session scheduled; unfortunately, we have Board members who are unable to attend due to pre-existing conflicts. I believe that I read in RONR 12th ed. that information which comes as a result of an Executive Session can be shared with absent Board members who are qualified to attend an Executive Session. I'm not able to retrieve that information for additional review.  Admittedly, I may have misread the information in RONR 12th ed. 

Thank you in advance. 

3 minutes ago, MiaBes said:

Hello,

I'm the Secretary for a non-profit organization and we have a Board meeting taking place this Friday/Saturday. Each day, we have an Executive Session scheduled; unfortunately, we have Board members who are unable to attend due to pre-existing conflicts. I believe that I read in RONR 12th ed. that information which comes as a result of an Executive Session can be shared with absent Board members who are qualified to attend an Executive Session. I'm not able to retrieve that information for additional review.  Admittedly, I may have misread the information in RONR 12th ed. 

Thank you in advance. 

See RONR (12th ed.), 47:36 and 49:17-19.

26 minutes ago, MiaBes said:

. I believe that I read in RONR 12th ed. that information which comes as a result of an Executive Session can be shared with absent Board members who are qualified to attend an Executive Session.

Yes,  that is correct. All members of the board are entitled to know what took place at an executive session regardless of whether those particular members were present at a that particular meeting. See sections 9:24 - 9:27  Of the 12th edition for more information.

Edited to add: the RONR sections cited above by Mr. Mervosh are probably more on point.  I had not seen the comment by Mr. Mervosh when I typed my comment.

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last paragraph

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.