The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting Minutes

Larry

RONR would agree with the Board.  The minutes are a record of what was actually done or decided at a meeting.  Presentations would not normally be included.  The Board itself ultimately decides what goes in their minutes.

However I'm surprised that the board would not want to file a copy of the presentation, as it would typically do with a committee report, or with received correspondence.

6 hours ago, Gary Novosielski said:

However I'm surprised that the board would not want to file a copy of the presentation, as it would typically do with a committee report, or with received correspondence.

Who says they didn't? All we know is that they rejected the request to attach the PowerPoint to the minutes.

11 hours ago, Larry said:
After a presentation I made to my HOA Board, I requested that my PowerPoint presentation be attached to the minutes of the meeting. I was flat out told no.

I was wondering if Robert's' Rules has a position on this.

RONR agrees with your board's decision in this matter.

If the presentation in question was a report of a board, committee, or officer, the report should be filed with the Secretary's records, but it would not be "attached" to the minutes of the meeting or made a part of the minutes themselves.

If the presentation in question was a report of someone other than a board, committee, or officer, no rule in RONR would require that the report be filed (but no rule in RONR would prohibit it either).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.