The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Zoom for Elections

Angie N

The assembly may authorize electronic methods of taking a ballot vote, provided that the method permits members to indicate their choices without revealing how they have voted and members are able to cast write-in votes. See RONR (12th ed.) 45:42-43 for more information.

If polling in Zoom may be configured in a manner which meets these requirements, then it would be sufficient. If it cannot be configured in such a manner, then it would not be sufficient. I am not entirely familiar with the polling features of Zoom and cannot confirm whether your understanding is correct.

Edited by Josh Martin

13 hours ago, Angie N said:

Hello,

Is zoom polling permissable as secret ballot? Our bylaws say secret ballot and conforms to RONR. I understand that a report can be pulled in zoom and you can see how people voted which to me is no longer secret. Is this accurate? 

The person setting up a poll in Zoom can make it either anonymous or not.

12 hours ago, Josh Martin said:

The assembly may authorize electronic methods of taking a ballot vote, provided that the method permits members to indicate their choices without revealing how they have voted and members are able to cast write-in votes. See RONR (12th ed.) 45:42-43 for more information.

If polling in Zoom may be configured in a manner which meets these requirements, then it would be sufficient. If it cannot be configured in such a manner, then it would not be sufficient. I am not entirely familiar with the polling features of Zoom and cannot confirm whether your understanding is correct.

Thank you! This was very helpful and reminded me of the write-ins. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.