The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Is it a conflict of interest?

Tomm

On 2/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, Josh Martin said:

I am in agreement that the example you provide would be a circumstance in which the rule of 45:5 is applicable. Further, as I have previously indicated, I believe that disciplinary motions are divisible upon demand of a single member, which would seem to resolve the problems as applied to discipline.

I still do not agree that the rule of 45:4 becomes inapplicable anytime an interest is shared in common with at least one other member.

What about censure, the motion, not the disciplinary penalty.  You would have the same situation. 

On 2/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, J. J. said:

What about censure, the motion, not the disciplinary penalty.  You would have the same situation. 

If the example you provided had involved a non-disciplinary motion to censure instead, I would still be in agreement that the rule on 45:5 would be applicable.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:47 PM, Josh Martin said:

If the example you provided had involved a non-disciplinary motion to censure instead, I would still be in agreement that the rule on 45:5 would be applicable.

That  would not  be necessarily divisible, especially if they were being censured  for the same thing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.