The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can we switch back to the "I am not a robot" security check?

Guest Zev

• 7 months later...

Dan,

I have tried to become a member but on the sigh up page the Security test does not come up and wont allow me to become a member.  I have tried both on my laptop and phone. Not sure if there is an issue.  i see the security test on here where I am making this post.  Thank you for your time.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, Guest Steve2610 said:

Dan,

I have tried to become a member but on the sigh up page the Security test does not come up and wont allow me to become a member.  I have tried both on my laptop and phone. Not sure if there is an issue.  i see the security test on here where I am making this post.  Thank you for your time.

I'm sure my colleague, our Administrator Mr. Gerber, will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow to solve the problem.  It's above my pay grade.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, Guest Steve2610 said:

Dan,

On 9/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, Dan Honemann said:

I'm sure my colleague, our Administrator Mr. Gerber, will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow to solve the problem.  It's above my pay grade.

I have no way of contacting guest posters. Steve2610, please use the "Contact a Site Administrator" link at the bottom of the page for assistance in setting up an account. 

• 1 month later...

I attempted to sign up and completed all fields several times, but it keeps saying "you did not pass security check," yet there is nothing clickable and no indicated action to take to pass it, except "try again." I then tried to "Contact a Site Administrator" using the link at the bottom of the page per Mr. Gerber's post, but received the same error message and was unable to submit.

If I am able to post this, I will be surprised. Please contact the username above at gmail.com . Thanks.

• 1 month later...

FWIW, when I was attempting to sign up on Dec 21 I had exactly the same problem repeatedly: failed security checks on both registering and contacting administrator about problems registering.  My support request was to be:

When attempting to sign-up or to send this message, there is a section titled "Security Check" that has no content.  Submitting the form fails with "You did not pass the security check.  Please try again."

Just before my last attempt to send the above through the support API of https://robertsrules.com/ in hopes it used different filtering, I suddenly got the photo prompt and could register on this site.  I assumed it was a one-time transient issue, but from this thread apparently it's recurring.

• 1 year later...
Guest Old but relevant

I had horrible problems with this security check.  I tried registering on my ipad, no deal.  Eventually, I tied it on my computer (PC) and it worked there.  Apparently, what works in transferring the puzzle piece is the mouse.  I think this is more frustrating than it needs to be.  What's wrong with the letters Captcha?   I am still not "in" as my email is being validated.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.