The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Remove Oneself From Nomination for Office

Guest Patti

On 7/30/2023 at 5:43 PM, Guest Patti said:

Can I remove myself from nominations for office. I have been nominated on the slate of officers from the nomination committee. I find that I now cannot devote the time needed to serve.

Presuming the election has not yet taken place, you should contact the nominating committee and ask them to pick someone else.

On 7/30/2023 at 11:08 PM, J. J. said:

You may request permission to withdraw  your nomination. 

I am not sure if the original poster did nominate himself. (I hope that yhe nominations committee did ask him at the time if he was willing to become officer , what i presume  he at that point agreed to.)

But if he did not nominate himself there is nothing to withdraw and so no permission to do so either.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:42 AM, puzzling said:

I am not sure if the original poster did nominate himself. (I hope that yhe nominations committee did ask him at the time if he was willing to become officer , what i presume  he at that point agreed to.)

But if he did not nominate himself there is nothing to withdraw and so no permission to do so either.

I think you're mixing the facts from two different questioners.  J.J. was responding to Guest Patti.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.