The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Board member interference with another board member being elected.

Guest Billy

I have a question. We have an issue with an active member of a board who has actively gotten involved in another board member reappointment which caused him to lose that spot. Is there anything in Robert rules or order that prohibits that kind of actions. The member went to the council who elects the members of the board and told the council they should vote for his guy instead of the current member of the board who was up for reelection. 

On 9/25/2023 at 6:39 PM, Guest Billy said:

I have a question. We have an issue with an active member of a board who has actively gotten involved in another board member reappointment which caused him to lose that spot. Is there anything in Robert rules or order that prohibits that kind of actions. The member went to the council who elects the members of the board and told the council they should vote for his guy instead of the current member of the board who was up for reelection. 

Nothing in RONR addresses this matter.

On 9/26/2023 at 12:39 AM, Guest Billy said:

Your post is a bit confusing maybe use boardmember A , B members E and F and so on.

Depending on what happened a motion to sensure (disapproval) might be the least to consider.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:21 AM, puzzling said:

Your post is a bit confusing maybe use boardmember A , B members E and F and so on.

It doesn't seem confusing to me.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:21 AM, puzzling said:

Depending on what happened a motion to sensure (disapproval) might be the least to consider.

I suppose there could be some scenarios where censure could be appropriate. But unless there is more to it than Guest Billy has told us,. this descent seem to me to be one of them. There is nothing wrong in advocating for your favored candidate. And how do we (or Guest Billy) know that the council would not have voted for that candidate anyway, without Guest Billy's advocacy?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.