The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda with Flexibilty

Guest johnrcarlson

I have seen several organization approving their agendas "with flexibility", thus allowing the chair to change the order of agenda items with seeking consent from the body. Does this practice comply with RONR? My thought is that you approve an agenda and modify by unanimous consent of by a 2/3 vote.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, Guest johnrcarlson said:

I have seen several organization approving their agendas "with flexibility", thus allowing the chair to change the order of agenda items with seeking consent from the body. Does this practice comply with RONR? My thought is that you approve an agenda and modify by unanimous consent of by a 2/3 vote.

If you need more flexibility than is afforded by the use of an agenda, which is quite common, then you should be using the Standard Order of Business, which provides the appropriate balance of structure and flexibility.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, Guest johnrcarlson said:

Nothing in RONR refers to any such thing. 

By the way, did you mean to say "without seeking consent"?  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.