The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Officers leaving their positions and remaining in the chapter. Do they have a right to a vote?

treasurer

On 2/25/2024 at 1:23 PM, Gary Novosielski said:

Yes, and those other positions would be subject to the same analysis: do they hold those other positions by virtue of their office, or the other way around, and are these other duties performed, by rule or custom, by specific office holders, by any board member, by any general member, or some other case?

Well, that wouldn't matter for this question, since they still hold those positions (I think). Either way, if those positions require or grant board membership, they are board members if they hold them. I don't claim these questions are hard, just that saying yes or no here cannot be done with what we know.

On 2/25/2024 at 3:25 PM, Joshua Katz said:

Well, that wouldn't matter for this question, since they still hold those positions (I think). Either way, if those positions require or grant board membership, they are board members if they hold them. I don't claim these questions are hard, just that saying yes or no here cannot be done with what we know.

I agree, I was only describing the two common ways of handling officer elections, in the hope that the OP would recognize one of them as applying to the OP's organization.  From the OP's responses so far, I have been unable to determine how officers become officers, which is a fact necessary to determine what happens when they are no longer officers.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:31 AM, Louise Dougherty said:

thank you very much for your prompt responses and knowledge

Well, happy to help, but I don't think we've actually given you a conclusive answer yet, because we still don't have the relevant facts. :)

Do you intend on answering our question concerning what the bylaws say about the composition of the board?

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.