The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Time of Posting

I note, here in Maryland, that the time(s) associated with posts are Eastern Daylight.

Does the forum make automatic adjustments for postings from other time zones? Or when my postings are read on the west coast, say?

Just curious.

Each member should set his local time on the "General Setting" screen. I think that will result in you seeing the time of each post as if it were posted in your time zone.

For example, if our friend in Japan posts at 5:00 AN his time (GMT +9), that's what he'll see and that's what we'll see. In other words, we won't see it as 7:00 PM which is "really" when he posted it (per our GMT -5 time). In other words, all times are converted to the member's time.

But I could be mistaken. You can play around with your time setting to see what happens.

I note, here in Maryland, that the time(s) associated with posts are Eastern Daylight.

Does the forum make automatic adjustments for postings from other time zones? Or when my postings are read on the west coast, say?

Just curious.

Based on a quick test, it appears that all posting times are relative to the user's time zone.

Not sure why this didn't work for Mr. Mountcastle.

I changed my "local time" to Tokyo time ....

Did you do this in your RONR forum settings area?

EDIT: before posting this, I changed my forum profile settings to a different time zone (-12:00 Enitwetok), and that time was posted here as 7:52 am. I switched it back to -5:00 GMT, and the posting time changed back to current time, 2:52pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived