The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Action on Items removed from Consent

Guest Mary Griggs

A member removed items from consent calendar as a group, i.e., consent items 1-12, 17, 21, 25, for separate action. The items are discussed. Then he makes a motion to approve all items removed under one motion. Is that correct or should motions be made separately for each item removed?

A member removed items from consent calendar as a group, i.e., consent items 1-12, 17, 21, 25, for separate action. The items are discussed. Then he makes a motion to approve all items removed under one motion. Is that correct or should motions be made separately for each item removed?

Items on a consent calendar could be adopted in one vote. Once an item is removed, it should be treated as an independent motion and voted on separately.

Items on a consent calendar could be adopted in one vote. Once an item is removed, it should be treated as an independent motion and voted on separately.

However, I don't that adopting the motion "that items 1-12, 17, 21, 25 from the coonsent agenda be approved" creats a continuing breach that would affect the "legality" of the motion.

Of course, a member could have demanded a division into all the parts of just to remove one part.

-Bob

However, I don't that adopting the motion "that items 1-12, 17, 21, 25 from the coonsent agenda be approved" creats a continuing breach that would affect the "legality" of the motion.

Of course, a member could have demanded a division into all the parts of just to remove one part.

-Bob

I think the would be continuing, briefly, but then would heal.

Archived