The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting Minutes

troll119

These questions are related to Proxy votes...we have a stipulation within our Bylaws that allows our members to give their vote to another member of the body by proxy, signed letter stating who can vote in their absence. Do I show the members as absent under the Roll Call portion of the minutes? and is their any other signification within the minutes that I should show to reflect that Member A had proxy for Member B, etc.

Thanks much.

These questions are related to Proxy votes...we have a stipulation within our Bylaws that allows our members to give their vote to another member of the body by proxy, signed letter stating who can vote in their absence. Do I show the members as absent under the Roll Call portion of the minutes? and is their any other signification within the minutes that I should show to reflect that Member A had proxy for Member B, etc.

Thanks much.

Those details are up to you all to work out.

RONR prohibits proxy voting. If your bylaws override that provision, they will also need to provide the rules for using proxies, because RONR obviously won't .

Archived