The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Force Out

eileenqb

Pastor and I had a argument and things got ugly. He told not never to go back to church. I waited for the Board to call a meeting to discuss the issue...never happened. He has since removed me from my post. Do I have any options?

The pastor has no authority to order you not to return to the church or to remove you from your post unless the Bylaws state otherwise. Just ignore anything the pastor didn't have the authority to do, and if it becomes an issue at a meeting, raise a Point of Order and/or Appeal if necessary.

The pastor has no authority to order you not to return to the church or to remove you from your post unless the Bylaws state otherwise. Just ignore anything the pastor didn't have the authority to do, and if it becomes an issue at a meeting, raise a Point of Order and/or Appeal if necessary.

I would second that.

Nothing in RONR would grant that power, but the rules of the church may. My pastor can decline to give me sacraments, which, after a while, will cause me to lose membership (though they will still take my check).

Archived