The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Officer Misconduct RE Election Process

Guest KBMATANZAS

If someone is the Secretary or any officer and their term is about to end, can they secretly got o individuals and recruit them to be an officer? In this instance our secretary does not like the treasurer or president for personal reasons and has gathered a group of supporters. She physically asked 2 other people to run for these offices and sent emails out telling a select few who were with her to vote for these people and here is how the nominations and elections were gonna happen..? Not sure I am making any sense but somewhere I believe I read this was not legal.

Any help with this would be appreciated

If someone is the Secretary or any officer and their term is about to end, can they secretly got o individuals and recruit them to be an officer? In this instance our secretary does not like the treasurer or president for personal reasons and has gathered a group of supporters. She physically asked 2 other people to run for these offices and sent emails out telling a select few who were with her to vote for these people and here is how the nominations and elections were gonna happen..? Not sure I am making any sense but somewhere I believe I read this was not legal.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Campaigning is not legal? That's news to me.

Jeez, I called a bunch of people here in town asking them to vote for me in yesterday's election. But I don't think I'm going to get in any trouble over it.

She physically asked 2 other people to run for these offices and sent emails out telling a select few who were with her to vote for these people and here is how the nominations and elections were gonna happen..

Convince enough of your fellow members to vote for someone else and what she says is gonna happen ain't gonna happen.

Archived