The Official RONR Q & A Forums

A tie vote

Guest jturnbow

If a motion ends in a Tie vote, on this board it is the oractice that the president votes on all motions, what is the course of action. Is another vote automatic? does it die because it did not "pass"? Can the motion be re submitted?

If a motion ends in a Tie vote, on this board it is the oractice that the president votes on all motions, what is the course of action. Is another vote automatic? does it die because it did not "pass"? Can the motion be re submitted?

A tie vote on a motion requiring a majority vote for adoption defeats the motion, just as much as if the vote had been 2 in favor and 10 opposed.

In an election, on the other hand, it is necessary to vote again, and keep voting until one of the candidates gets a majority of the votes cast.

Adrift? Bereft? Again?

?

(That is, it's not the first time you prodded the Original Poster for essential details, with no reply.

(jturnbow, c'mon, work with us here.

(... Poor Gary. Adrift, bereft, again.

(See? Almost as fun as logging out, and playing with Captcha to make a post. Except less alluring to the Captcha groupies.)

(That is, it's not the first time you prodded the Original Poster for essential details, with no reply.

(jturnbow, c'mon, work with us here.

Won't be the last, I'm sure. And more often than not, even when the OP's return, my Qs go un-Aed anyway. Ah well, such is the bane of the irrepressibly ruminative.

(Note: 3rd shot at the Captcha. It looks easier than it is, but then, I've got special trick shoes and a reverse drag chute, so it comes as no surprise.)

Archived