The Official RONR Q & A Forums

online voting

Guest kimbe

Background: Recently our executive director has been attemping to have motions considered and voted on using email ---our by-laws state that this can only be done during a meeting where "simultaneous" discussion can be part of the motion decision process. Now the ED is suggesting that a policy be written up to allow for on line email motions and discussions---I beleive this is bad policy --- any one have other thoughts on this issue or good arguments for me to resist creating a email online motion process does roberts have any suggestions on this topic thanks for thoughts kimbe

Background: Recently our executive director has been attemping to have motions considered and voted on using email ---our by-laws state that this can only be done during a meeting where "simultaneous" discussion can be part of the motion decision process. Now the ED is suggesting that a policy be written up to allow for on line email motions and discussions---I beleive this is bad policy --- any one have other thoughts on this issue or good arguments for me to resist creating a email online motion process does roberts have any suggestions on this topic thanks for thoughts kimbe

It would not be sufficient to pass a "policy" on this anyway. Any authorization of absentee voting of any kind must be done via a bylaws amendment.

Archived